Heaven in a bun.
Saw this on another blog and thought it was quite interesting….
Quite a stab at advertisements and ad. majors everywhere. Still, some reality to it all. Apparently there’s hundreds of those TV’s that display the same thing over and over all day long in NYC.
Great birthday, great show.
Well, it’s almost 2007, which means another year of music is upon us. This list is simply a log of things I enjoyed listening to this year and is by no means comprehensive. I’m sure there are a ton of great albums that I missed or didn’t have enough money to buy. Look it over, comment, argue and send me your list.
Top 5 Albums
1. Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
2. The Beatles – Love
3. John Mayer – Continuum
4. Bob Dylan – Modern Times
5. Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam
Favorites of 2006 – Albums: (alphabetical)
• Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
• The Beatles – Love
• Bob Dylan – Modern Times
• Brett Dennen – So Much More
• Cold War Kids – Robbers & Cowards
• Damien Rice – 9
• The Decemberists – The Crane Wife
• Foo Fighters – Skin and Bones
• John Mayer – Continuum
• Joshua Radin – We Were Here
• Keane – Under The Iron Sea
• Muse – Black Holes & Revelations
• Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam
• Ray LaMontagne – Till the Sun Turns Black
• Regina Spektor – Begin To Hope
• The Raconteurs – Broken Boy Soldiers
• The Strokes – First Impressions of Earth
• Sufjan Stevens – The Avalanche (B-Sides)
• The Last Kiss Soundtrack
• Thom Yorke – The Eraser
Top 8 Songs
1. Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
2. Steady, As She Goes – The Raconteurs
3. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor – Arctic Monkeys
4. Ain’t No Reason – Brett Dennen
5. You Only Live Once – The Strokes
6. The Fear You Won’t Fall – Joshua Radin
7. Dreaming With A Broken Heart – John Mayer
8. Life Wasted – Pearl Jam
Favorites of 2006 – Songs: (alphabetical)
• Arctic Monkeys – I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor; The View From The Afternoon
• Brett Dennen – Ain’t No Reason; Darlin’ Do Not Fear
• Cold War Kids – Hang Me Up To Dry
• Copeland – Control Freak
• Corinne Bailey Rae – Put Your Records On
• Damien Rice – 9 Crimes
• The Decemberists – O Valencia!; Summersong
• Gasoline Heart – Paralyze
• Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
• John Mayer – Belief; Dreaming With A Broken Heart; I Don’t Trust Myself (With Loving You)
• Joshua Radin – The Fear You Won’t Fall; Winter
• Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk – Paperweight
• Keane – Is It Any Wonder?
• The Killers – When You Were Young
• KT Tunstall – Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
• Muse – Starlight; Assassin
• Pearl Jam – Life Wasted; World Wide Suicide
• The Raconteurs – Steady, As She Goes; Level
• Regina Spektor – Fidelity
• Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
• The Strokes – You Only Live Once; Heart In A Cage
• Sufjan Stevens – No Mans’s Land; Chicago (Multiple Personality Disorder Version)
• Thom Yorke – The Clock
• Underoath – There Could Be Nothing After This
I know what you’re saying, “The Beatles have a new album? How is that possible?” Well, everyones favorite Fab Four did nothing more than sign off on this album. In short, George Harrison was good friends with the founder of Cirque du Soleil. The idea of merging the Beatles music into a Cirque show was later spawned and music was needed. Enter famed Beatles producer George Martin alongside his son, Giles. Going back to Abbey Road and taking all of the original recordings, the two used the new idea of mashups to recreate and renew the music. Basically, songs are cut and pasted together, intermixed, parts added to other songs, pieces of certain tracks cut. Perfect. Just Perfect. It’s hard to expalin but just go buy the CD and be amazed. I’m not kidding on this one…. 5 stars.
I hear something new every time I listen to this album, but here are my first favorites:
– Blackbird/Yesterday : The transition from Blackbird into Yesterday is simply priceless.
– Get Back: Really enjoy the cuts of “The End” and “A Hard Days Night”
– Strawberry Fields Forever: The trumpet solo from Penny Lane is in this song…what?!